Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Domestication? One point for me.

So. I attempted to make Chili today. I spent last night on the internet just looking at recipes, getting an idea of what to put in it. And, I have to say, even though I didn't follow a recipe exactly, it turned out pretty darn good. I guess I'll write it down, so anyone can give me input, if you'd like.

1 jar of Grandma's canned tomatoes
1 lb ground chicken (I didn't have ground beef, but I'm sure that would taste better.)
1/2 medium onion, diced.
1 can chili beans
1/2 cup lentils (I think that more would be ok, I just wasn't sure how it'd work...)
Chili powder, salt, pepper & Ground Cumin to taste

Brown the beef/chicken. add onion, salt and pepper. Combine ingredients in crock pot (or pot) and cook for 1/2 an hour or all day if you want ^_^

It seemed to work pretty good. Kyle enjoyed it. and so did my friend Celis... Plus, I made cornbread muffins to go with it. De-lish!

Other than that. Today was pretty good. Slept 'til 10:30. Showered. Put together the Chili. Went out for lunch with my friend Laura (Olive Garden: Soup, Salad and Breadsticks. YUM!) Groceries/Shopko visit with Kyle. We got Princess temporary tattoos! It was exciting. ^_^ And. Candy to eat while being alone. And a puzzle. which we are half done with. It's pretty. and I'm gonna put puzzle glue on it, and hang it up. :) I'm excited. Oh! And I got a hat. With ear flaps. I love clearance. $5. and It's super warm (and apparently cute! Although I think I look awful in hats. lol.)

But. That was my day. I don't think I'll go to bed 'til we're a lot closer to finished with the puzzle. I'm sure it'll be done tomorrow! I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I have usually also used tomato puree or tomato sauce in the chili. I like lots of chili powder but don't use cumin. We also like topping our chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Mmmm...chili.

    ReplyDelete